If you could walk into your favorite book, play, tv show or movie. What if you could become your favorite character in this story. Then you discover that you could control all the decisions, actions, directions, of this character, being able to influence the plot and outcome of the story in this fantastic world, living as they do. What would you do? What would you become?
We believe that imagination and play are paramount for the human experience. These qualities enrich communities that create exciting and awesome experiences . These experiences are the very thing that foster life and fantastic human interactions. We strive to create spaces year after year that do just that through immersive story experinces or live action role play.
What is an immersive story experience?
Immersive story experience, live action roleplaying, or LARP, is a collaborative and interactive community arts that allows the participants to plunge themselves fully into different worlds or, even universes. With an array of costuming, props and scenography, this setting becomes the backdrop for a unique and astounding experience.
Summer Heroes Academy - Middle School Youth LARP Day Camps
Zelmore - Winchester
- ages 10+
- June 12 - June 16, August 7 - August 11, and August 14 - August 18.
- Hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The address is 5 Lowell Ave, Winchester, MA 01890.
- Registration = https://acerasummercamp.org/registration/
Arundel - Belmont
- grades 5-8
- July 31 - August 4, August 14 - August 18, and August 21 - August 25.
- Hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The address for July 31-August 4 is at the Beth El Temple Center located at 2 Concord Avenue, Belmont, MA.
- The address for August 14th - August 18th and August 21 - August 25 is at The First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist located at 404 Concord Avenue, Belmont, MA.
- Registeration = https://secure3.4agoodcause.com/basec/register-vacation-camp.aspx
Evenda - Arlington
- grades 4-6 and 7-9
- July 5 - July 7, July 10 - July 14, July 31 - August 4 , and August 7 - August 11.
- Hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The address for this location will be Ottoson Middleschool, 63 Acton St, Arlington, MA 02476.
- Registration = http://www.arlingtoncommunityed.org/youth-programs/summer-fun/
Munroe – Lexington (LARP Games Only)
- ages 5-13
- June 26 - June 30, July 10 - July 14 , July 31 - August 4, and August 14 - August 18.
- The hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- The address for this location will be 1403 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, MA 02420
- Registration = http://www.munroecenter.org/vacationsummer-programs-2017.html
Residential Summer Camp LARP Experiences for Middle School Youth
We Are Imagination.
Be part of a community that is safe, welcoming and embraces the authentic self.
We promote and preserve the value of imagination and play through nurturing community that encourages self expression. We are committed to fostering the joy of life. We do this by the methodologies of multiple intelligences, multiple literacies, 21st century skills, immersive storytelling and transformational experiences. Our goal is to create global community spaces that offer world class experiences.
LARP Adventure Program is an interactive and improvisational theater program in which participants create a storyline featuring a heroic character. Through acting out the plot of the story, characters evolve and grow. LARP space holders emphasize community, communication skills and creativity and foster a safe space for exploring life skills through role play. Enjoyable aspects include the collaborative creation of a story, the opportunity to overcome challenges, the pursuit of a character’s objectives and game-like aspects such as intellectual puzzles and athletic play.
Our services include afterschool and evening programming for youths aged 10-18, weekend full-immersion events throughout the year for youth and adults, day camps during school vacations and summer break and multiple weeks of our premiere residential camp experiences!
Through the language and methods of Transformational Leadership through Drama we are able to cultivate the secret gifts within and bring ourselves to a deeper understanding of human consciousness and self-actualization.
– Shabaash M. Kemeh.
Looking for more informaiton on our summer experiences? Click Here!